So you are like me, get a new Android device, first things first lets root this baby. Well, rooting has it’s advantages and dis-advantages. One of the main disadvantages being if you play too much with system files and delete something which is needed for Android to boot it results in a bricked device.
If you did the same with your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 and now have a phone which is bricked (and yes we did warn you a few days ago) there isa fix for it now.
1. Start Kies
2. Click Tools-> Firmware upgrade and initilazation
3. Type in model of your phone for example AT&T is : SGH-I337 ( all in capital letters) click OK.
4. Then type serial number off the stcker under battery also in capital letters click OK
5. There will be info about firmware click OK
6. Info about software version. Put your phone in download mode (hold volume down + power after turning off phone completely) then connect to PC using orginal USB cable, click OK
7. Follow info on screen.
8. Phone will reboot by itself when all is done correctly.
Let us know if it works for you?
We now have the Stock Odin flashable firmware also available thanks to Adam Outler :-
Get the Odin Flashing Tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta…1&d=1341114315
Get this Firmware Package (very large): http://www.hotfile.com/dl/210140535/…B_ATT.zip.html
- extract I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_ATT.zip in your downloads folder
- Open Odin
- Click PDA
- Navigate to where you extracted the firmware and select it
- Hold Volume Down + Home + Power until your device enters Download(Odin) Mode, then press volume up.
- Connect the device to the computer and hit Start in Odin.
- Stand back from the device and the computer until its complete.