Sim Unlock Your Sprint LG G2 for GSM
Are you looking for a working way to SIM unlock your Sprint LG G2 (LS-980) to use on GSM networks? Here is the simple way to do that.
Disclaimer : Neither we nor the person who posted the method on XDA will be responsible for what you do to your device. Please read the instructions carefully before doing anything.
- Ensure your device is running Stock or Stock based ROMs (Get them here)
- Root your device (Steps listed here)
- Install any root explorer like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
- Download the file property.zip from here
- Extract property.zip and copy the content to SD card on your device
- Using root explorer copy the property folder from SD card to path /carrier/
- Reboot the device
Your device should now be unlocked and can be used with any GSM network. Replace /etc/apns-conf.xml with this file and delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db to make APNs stick automatically.
You can even remove or rename system files listed below to bypass the Sprint activation and other carrier bloat.
Source : xdadevelopers
Here are the links for SIM unlocking other Android phones from Sprint:
- SIM Unlock for Sprint HTC One
- SIM Unlock for Sprint HTC One Max
- SIM Unlock for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Image Credits: http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS980-g2