Custom recoveries are now available for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4. If you have installed a custom recovery on a Samsung device before, I guess you know the drill, just flash PDA from Odin, if you haven’t done this before, well there is always a first time for everything.
The custom recoveries (ClockworkMod & TWRP) are a work in progress and as per users graphics are off on ClockworkMod, please try at your own risk and neither we nor the developers are responsible for any bricked devices.
1) Download the files from here. Another build of ClockworkMod can be found here.
2) Extract Odin3-3.04.zip and copy the tar that you downloaded into the folder
3) Run Odin as an administrator
4) Power your device off
5) Press and hold volume down and power to enter download mode
6) Connect your phone to your computer
7) Wait for drivers to finish installing if they need to be
8) You should see Odin find your device by marking a blue square in the ID COM box
9) Click on PDA and choose the recovery tar you downloaded
10) Click start
Once the file is flashed you should have the recovery you selected installed.
How to Enter recovery:-
1) Power down your device
2) Hold volume up and power to enter recovery
3) Navigate recovery by using the volume keys and power to select
How to Root:-
Download SuperSU and flash from Recovery.